Acquisition Due-Diligence, Rare Diseases Case Study
European growth via acquisition, due-diligence of target company vis-à-vis reimbursement planning, staffing, compliance and risks to deal-valuation model
- Client sought acquisition of a rare-disease company with European infrastructure to expand geographic footprint
- Project request was to analyze key products included in acquisition for risks to deal valuation, areas for further investment, and launch optimization needs
- Constructively engage with other consultants that client engaged
- Assess pricing strategy, risks in local access negotiations, quality of value story, etc.
- Interview target-company senior leaders for strategic insights, negotiation and launch planning
- Estimate in-country and above-country headcount needs to optimize launch vs. existing headcount